Creating Commission Junction Account
Commission Junction is the number one Affiliate Marketing provider on the net today. Commission Junction’s aim is to connect publishers and advertisers in the most beneficial way. Advertisers basically pay publishers a commission in return for sales from traffic sent to their sites by the publishers. This system provides a great way for blog/website owners to monetize their online spaces , whilst advertisers receive increased sales and traffic.
Signing Up for an Account :
- Select to signup as a publisher or advertiser.
- Fill in personal details.
- Select Functional Currency – This is the currency that your commission is Reported in and cannot be changed later. (This can be different from the currency in which you are paid.)
- Accept Terms and conditions.
Once you’ve signed up for an account you’ll receive your password and username in an email. In order to receive payment you need to complete your payment and taxation information first.
- Log into Commission Junction.
- Go to the “Account” tab.
- Select Payment method – Check or Direct Deposit
- Save info.
- US Resident : Complete a W-9 Request for Taxpayer Identification and Certification.
- Non-Us Resident : Who have employees in the US or own any equipment in the US. Complete the W-8BEN withholding tax form.
- Non-Us Resident :
- Without any employees in the US AND
- Who don’t own any equipment in the US
- Complete the Certification of no United States Activities.
Important: A Non-US resident that hosts a blog on a US Server , does not own that server (aka equipment) and does thus not have any US equipment. The majority of Non-US blog owners would use the ” Certification of no United States Activities” form with regards to taxation.
Once all the above is done you simply have to search for advertisers and then apply to each one who’s product/service you want to advertise on your site. Hope this guide provides the necessary info to help you monetize your website. For more info visit Commission Junction’s website here.