WordPress Page Specific Sidebars
WordPress by default provides a platform where the same widgets are shown on all pages and sidbars. Some people however need to show different widgets on different pages. For example you want to show specific advertisements on specific pages , then the ability to show different widgets on different pages are of the utmost importance.
There definitely are manual ways of editing your theme’s template files , but there’s also an easy to install plugin that does the same exact job. The plugin is called Display Widgets and it can be installed from WordPress’s plugin depository. More info on the plugin can be found here.
What Display Widgets Plugin does:
- Gives you the ability to show widgets on specific pages.
- Gives you the ability to customize your WordPress sidebar.
- Saves you a lot of time in preventing the creation of multiple templates with multiple sidebars.
How it Works?
- Log into WordPress admin panel.
- Go to Appearance > Widgets.
- Under each active widget a new option namely : “Display/Hide Widget” appears.
- Choose between a) “Hide on Checked” = Hides checked pages or b) “Show on Checked” = Only shows checked pages.
- Additionally you also have the option to choose between showing a specific widget only to logged-in users.
- You can also choose specific categories and posts that includes or excludes a specific widget.
This plugin is really handy and is pretty easy to install and set up. More information on the plugin can be found on the developer’s website here. Hope this plugin helps you as much as it helps others who use it. Enjoy!